Hiking – Adventure – History – ExplorationFollow Chris and Connie as they explore their world and go on adventures in out of the way and unusual places. Places off the beaten path._________
NOUN. A compound (or portmanteau) word arrived from the names Connie BIGgart and Chris DOERing, the two fanatics who run this place.
1) A passion to get out there to learn and explore. 2) Being eccentric and just a little bit crazy in everything you do. 3) Shunning the ordinary. 4) Never doing anything normal, EVER!_________
This site is an ongoing work in progress. We update regularly with new articles, and revisions and corrections to old ones. Of course, we always welcome input from our readers too.
- abandoned Banff BC bike Bow Valley bridge British Columbia Calgary Canmore cars cave Crowsnest Pass Drumheller editorial engineering fire lookout foothills ghost town grain elevator Kananaskis lake mine old phone photography prairies rail line ridge river scramble Sibbald small town South Kananaskis Spray lakes tractors trucks urban winter Yoho Park
- ChrisBigDoer: Very cool, I'd love to hear updates as you go!
- ChrisBigDoer: I bet those numbers are huge!
- ChrisBigDoer: They do seem well cared for.
- ChrisBigDoer: Haha!!
- ChrisBigDoer: I've seen his collection and there are a lot of gems that have deteriorated this way.
- Hank R: Could it be that they have a excellent maintenance plan for their fleet. Would be interesting to know how …
- George Craft: I've been researching the history of Queenstown in a book called Snake Valley, Lake MacGregor and Area. On the …
- Norseman: Incredible... And they look to be in really good shape, too. Could it be that bus drivers in Calgary still …
- Ray F: Very Cool Shots Chris
- Charlie: That's just amazing!!! Hope they charge 1970s fare.
- John Sharpe: Film can really age over time you can see that in the major colour shift, hey?
- Heather: Now that's a lot of Bolers! We have a 78 that we are renoing this winter.
- ChrisBigDoer: Awesome! I wonder if he worked on this bridge?
- Ed Murphy: Thanx for posting info about the rail bridges in the Calgary area. My great uncle Thomas Murphy who I am …
- ChrisBigDoer: What am awesome past time! I love small town churches too.