Hiking – Adventure – History – ExplorationFollow Chris and Connie as they explore their world and go on adventures in out of the way and unusual places. Places off the beaten path._________
NOUN. A compound (or portmanteau) word arrived from the names Connie BIGgart and Chris DOERing, the two fanatics who run this place.
1) A passion to get out there to learn and explore. 2) Being eccentric and just a little bit crazy in everything you do. 3) Shunning the ordinary. 4) Never doing anything normal, EVER!_________
This site is an ongoing work in progress. We update regularly with new articles, and revisions and corrections to old ones. Of course, we always welcome input from our readers too.
- abandoned Banff BC bike Bow Valley bridge British Columbia Calgary Canmore cars cave Crowsnest Pass Drumheller editorial Edmonton engineering fire lookout foothills ghost town grain elevator Kananaskis lake mine old phone photography prairies rail line ridge river scramble Sibbald small town South Kananaskis Spray lakes tractors trucks urban winter Yoho Park
- ChrisBigDoer: Calgary Transit, it seems, has little interest in saving old buses.
- ChrisBigDoer: I think one has been saved... Research continues on this.
- ChrisBigDoer: Sad indeed.
- ChrisBigDoer: Yes, CPR to the right.
- ChrisBigDoer: Beats the old metal slides from my childhood.
- ChrisBigDoer: Thanks, I love it when we get it close.
- ChrisBigDoer: I checked out your Flickr account - great photos!
- Mister TyZo: Thankfully when the Para Transit division took over the Southend Garage, OCTranspo kept 4 full lanes of Antique Buses, including …
- Hank R: You would think they would save one for history now a days. After all they lasted many years.
- Connie Biggart: Sad to see them cut up. :<
- Jim P: Great pics. Btw... I assume the right vators were on the CP Line
- Jim P: Very cool slide!!
- Cody Kapcsos: Very good, Chris!
- Anne Elliott: Hi, I found this an interesting page of information and photos, discovered yesterday evening after my daughter and I had been …
- ChrisBigDoer: I have not visited this supposed second mine site but a hiking buddy told me he found some foundations and …